Hey everybody, Mugsy arrived at about 7 last night. Regina and Francine from Furry Friends Pet Rescue brought him to the house. He was travelin’ all day and night from North Carolina. They were gonna kill him! Annie tells me there are millions of dogs and cats that aren’t so lucky as Mugsy. Makes me sad to think about, but then I take a deep breath and put on my Cap’n Brave cape and help as many as I can. It might be fosterin’ one, or talkin’ about it to people who care. Every bit makes a difference.
We were so excited to meet each other. He’s a friendly fella, and we had fun runnin’ around. I showed him where I pee, and how I beg for snacks from the dinner table – he’s a quick study. Annie told me not to show him all my bad habits, though. Sigh.
So this is what I know so far about my new best pal:
- He stinks, but is on his way to the groomer this afternoon.
- He weighs about 25lbs.
- He looks a little like Chewbacca.
- He doesn’t like to be alone, so far.
- He politely asks to go out to use the bathroom – but then gets so excited when he sees the leash, Annie has to wait patiently for him to calm down to put it on. I remember those days.
- He’s got lots of energy – Annie says he’d make a great runnin’ partner for someone.
- He gets a little rambunctious with the kids (Annie’s cats).
- He’s great with human kids, and adults, too. His tail wags so fast I think for sure it might fly right off!
- If I wasn’t already Annie’s hot potato when she’s sleepin’, Mugsy would be perfect.
When me and Mugsy were talkin’ last night, he told me he really wants a person to call his own. Can you help us find him one?
Furry Friends Pet Rescue has an application you can download to your computer, fill out, and email back to them. Don’t wait, ‘cuz he’s a catch and there’s already some folks interested! There’s other dogs on the FFPR site, too!